The International School of Bergamo (ISB) is committed to high standards in learning and the promotion of international values which enable us to become active citizens in building a world without frontiers.
The school serves a diverse community of students from a range of nationalities, cultures and backgrounds. We offer a broad based education which uses English as the main language of learning and caters for a range of student abilities. ISB has adopted a set of core values that guide every feature of our educational provision and, after having obtained full authorization as an IB World School to run the Primary Years Programme, the school is currently a Candidate School for the Middle Years Programme.
Committed to delivering high quality educational programmes, ISB strives to develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalising world. At present, the International School of Bergamo caters for children born in 2005 or after. Every year, the school opens subsequent classes, with the aim of providing a full international curriculum up to Grade 13.
Our admissions policy is articulated to encourage the maintenance of diversity in our student body, as well as to ensure that students who are admitted to ISB can benefit from our educational provision and be successful in the terms of our structured objectives for learning.
Before starting the online application to ISB, please make sure you have the requested documents on your computer.
1. Copy of your child's passport/ID card (only the photo page) or birth certificate in .pdf or .jpeg format.
2. Academic Records
- School records for the current school year and the previous 2 years
- Records from non-English schools may need to be translated into English and certified.
- For Italian students only, original copies Italian report cards and “nulla osta” (if available).
- Reports of the results of any special academic or psychological assessments (if applicable).
3. Vaccination Certificate (all)
You will be asked to upload a clear scan of your child's immunization/vaccination record or an official document to state that the child has not had any vaccination. (since July 2017, vaccinations are compulsory for entry into the Early Years-Grade 1).
Without the requested documents uploaded, your application will be considered incomplete.
Once you have collected the necessary documents, you can proceed with the application form online.
Please note that you will be requested to create a login/password.
Admissions tests (compulsory for students entering from Grade 7 onwards- might be requested from Grade 3).
After receiving the full application, for all students applying to enter from Grade 7 onwards, and if appropriate for students entering after Grade 3, the school will arrange to sit entrance examinations in mathematics, English and Italian.
- Once we have received your completed application (including all documentation listed above) we will assess your eligibility for admission against our criteria. Acceptance is subject to availability of places and applicant's ability to fulfill our minimum entry requirements.
- If the student is accepted, a letter of acceptance will be issued and forwarded to successful applicants along with an enrollment contract.
- Once you receive the link to the enrollment contract, please fill this in online.
- Once the enrollment contract has been received, the administration department will send you an invoice for the entire school year. The payment of a non-refundable deposit of the Registration fee along with yearly admission fee for each child is required to secure the place offered.
Places will be held for a maximum of 15 business days from the date of the acceptance letter, or less, in periods of high enrollment.
Waiting ListWe do not usually operate a waiting list and every effort is made to provide a place for all those students who meet the admissions criteria and requirements. However, it may sometimes be necessary to defer the offer of a place due to class sizes and available resources, but you will be advised of this at the earliest opportunity.